Thursday, January 17, 2013

Family is Key

Something I've learned recently is the importance of Family Trends. What we see happening in the world today is cohabitation, delaying marriage, birth rates decreasing, the amount of employed mothers are increasing, more unmarried births, and family sizes are significantly smaller. All of these are interrelated in the fact that choosing to do one, may lead to the other and eventually, they all start to snowball together. I believe families are key and the basic foundation for which we build upon. We should understand what it means to have family and how great of a blessing it is! Everyone deserves to be brought up in a stable and loving home so, we should strive to do what is best for not only ourselves, but for our children.

2 comments:

  1. Heather, I agree with you. The trends are scary and what is even scarier is that as a world, we are okay with this. We know that the family is the basic unit of society and if that starts to crumble, where does that leave us and how long will it take? I don't want to leave that world for my children and grandchildren but I guess that perhaps Ghandi was right when he said, "Be the change you want to see in the world." At home is probably the best place to start.

    I have to ask, are you a Rupp from Northern Idaho?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your response, Teralyn! I also love the quote from Ghandi! It's very inspirational:)

      Also, I am not a Rupp from Northern Idaho, but I'm pretty sure they're my relatives! Do you know them well?

      Delete