Saturday, June 29, 2013

Student Choice Assignment

For this week, I chose "Choose You This Day, Whom Ye Will Serve" That statement is really powerful and meaningful to me and I think it's important that we all choose who we will serve because when we do so, our decisions and lifestyles will be determined upon who we have personally chosen to lead and guide us in our lives. In the Joshua 24:15 it states, "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." I love this scripture and it applies perfectly to this lesson! To me, this verse is telling me to choose for myself. There are so many people in our lives who will influence us and there are times where we will make a decision based off of what they think, but it is clear that we need to choose for ourselves and stand strong and stay true to what we decide and what we believe. I choose the Lord's side and this is because of my personal relationship with Him and because of my testimony of the gospel. I know that God is the source of all truth and He has blessed my life in so many ways and because of this, I can't imagine serving anyone else. He brings happiness and eternal life and when I am on God's side, I feel I am doing what is right and I will continue to do follow in His ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment